Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Great News

Sorry I haven't written an update in a while, I am sure you are all dying to see new pictures and hear what is going on.  JK  :)

Max is doing great.  Yesterday he had 4 bad blood gasses in a row, they were in the 90's (these are the worst we have had yet).  After each gas they adjusted his ventilator settings with no luck of reducing them.  The doctor decided to put him back on his old ventilator to see if that would help at all.  Once they did this his gasses went into the 30's (the best ones we have had yet).  As of now all of his blood gasses have come back good (no higher than 55).  The best part of this is that as of right now I am going to get to hold him tomorrow evening.  I am so excited.  This will be the very first time I have had this chance.  As of right now I am one happy Mama!!!

Max is also growing very nicely.  Today he was 2 pounds 12-13 ounces.  One more ounce and he will have doubled his birth weight.  

I did finally remember what the requirements for him to come home are.  I have asked this a few times, but never remembered by the time I got home.  He has to eat on his own, breathe on his own, keep his temperature up on his own and gain weight.  There is no particular weigth that he has to be, just do all those things and be a big boy.  I don't think we are going to have any problems with the weight part, he seems to be doing that just fine.



















  

No comments:

Post a Comment