Friday, March 4, 2011

He Has a Face

When I went for Max's 4:00 care yesterday they were about to change his face tape.  I got to see his face for the first time.  He is pretty cute.  Not the most comfortable for him since they can't let him move due to the tubes, but I was happy to get a few pictures to share. 








Max's numbers are still pretty good.  No new updates at this time so that is good news.  His oxygen levels have been in the 40's or 50's so not too high, but still plenty of room for it to go down.  I am still waiting to hold him, but he has to be off of his current ventilator for that to happen.  The nurse today said that he has to be stable enough so if something were to pull his breathing tube out he would be fine until they could get him back in his little home and the breathing tube put back in.  The made total sense to me, I would like that to be the case as well.  Doesn't look like I will be able to hold him for a while.  Oh well, I will keep waiting.  Yesterday he was still 1030 grams.  This was the first time in a while that he didn't gain weight.  Probably a good thing or he would be huge when I brought him home, I would have to return all of the clothes that I do have for him.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment